Mouse potato. Yes. This is a real word. Well, two words, but who’s counting. As it is an informal term I won’t put it in my word of the week series, but The Oxford Dictionary defines it as:
“A person who spends large amounts of leisure or working time operating a computer.”
I AM A MOUSE POTATO. My eyes spend the majority of their working days staring at a small screen, gradually getting more and more sleepy. Not only that, but it makes my head go thick and fuzzy. Then, when I get home, I curl up with my ipad or laptop and mouse potato myself some more, whilst sat in front of another screen, the TV (he’s called Sammy). This is not good.
I’m pretty sure that others will be feeling the effects of this problem too so, for my fellow rodent spuds out there, here are a few tips:
- Make sure you get fresh air on your lunch break – this makes my lungs happy and helps clear my head
- Keep hydrated – I have a bottle of water on my desk which I top up through-out the day
- Go for little strolls round the office every now and then – this gets the blood pumping again
- Set yourself some time when you get home to do anything except look at a screen
- Switch off a sufficient amount of time before bed – this applies to screens and brains
Give it a try and see if it helps you feel a bit less like a mouse potato. I’m the worst one for following my own advice, but please excuse me while I enjoy some fresh air during my lunchtime stroll.
One thought on “I am a mouse potato”
I’m a mouse potato too hahah. Nice template! Can I have it? Uh oh XD